Whether you work in business, public service, science, or engineering, I can help you turn your data into insights. The main purpose of data visualization is to turn cognitive tasks humans are bad at, namely making sense of large sets of geographic, numeric, or textual data, into cognitive tasks humans are good at, namely recognizing patterns visually. This can be for analytical purposes and/or for communicating your results to colleagues and customers. Beyond mere functionality, it is worthwhile to make data visualizations look beautiful, as this motivates people to spend more time understanding complex information. For these purposes I offer you a wide range of data and information visualization services.
I mainly work with open source tools, namely QGIS, Python, R, Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus, Grafana, LibreOffice, and free of charge tools such as Power BI and Qlik Sense. For you as my client this has several advantages. Because overhead costs are kept low, you can thus book my services for economical prices. Also, because you can yourself download the software, I can provide you, if desired, not just the finished results but also how-to-instructions, editable formats, resuable templates, and runnable scripts. I‘m always open to working with new tools and with licensed tools (namely ArcGIS, Tableau, AnyLogic) upon request.
I offer my services for an hourly rate of 32,00 € plus 7 or 19 % value added tax (VAT). The reduced VAT of 7 % applies to the production of graphic design products. I am gladly bookable also for small tasks of 1–2 h. I work remotely collaborating with you via e-mail, telephone, and Skype. We can communicate in English, German, or French.
Below is an explicit listing of the typical services I offer. I am happy to discuss with you which kind of service best meets your requirements.
- Quantitative, qualitative, and symbolic maps
- Animated maps for temporal data
- Practical navigational maps of all kinds: how-to-find-us maps, site maps, building maps, …
- Layered PDFs for viewing several map layers in a PDF reader
- Geodata research, acquisition, and formatting
Statistical / big data visualization:
- Special applications charts: sankey diagrams, flow charts, graphs, heat maps, … in coordinated (corporate) design
- Time series visualisation in coordinated (corporate) design
- Series of standard charts in uniform (corporate) design
- Series of tables in uniform (corporate) design
- Data reseach, acquisition, and formatting
- Information diagrams created from stock vector illustrations, photographs, or based on graphic standards (UML etc…)
Dashboards, combined visualization:
- Interactive dashboards combining geodata, statistical data, and information visualization
- Information graphics combining geodata, statistical data, and information visualization
- Data visualization review: I give you detailed comments on how to improve your presentation, report, map, dashboard, etc. based on best practices and cognitive psychology
- Preparation of how-to-instructions
- Programming for data visualization, notably in Python,
- Database management
- Formatting and documentation of editable documents
- Formatting and documentation of resuable templates
- Data research, acquisition, and formatting